Knitting retreat in Ilolan Maatila
10th and 11th March 2018
Saturday 10th March, 2018
- 10:00 Welcome meeting and registration in yarn shop Lankaputiikki Silmukka (Pinninkatu 25, 33100 Tampere)
- 10:45 Yarn shop walking tour in Tampere with special discounts* (see below more details)
- 12:30 Bus from Tampere to Ilolan Maatila (40 min)
- 13:15 Lunch
- After lunch you will have plenty of time to knit, walk to town to visit the Church, walk to forest barbecue, horse carriage riding, etc.
- 19:00 Dinner
*Special conditions might apply in some discounts
Sunday 11th March, 2018
- 9:00 Breakfast
- 10:00-12:00 Master class with Neulisti from the blog 'Where we once knitted' (see below more details)
- 12:00 Good bye lunch
- 13:30 Bus from Ilolan Maatila to Tampere train station (40 min)
Tampere yarn shops walking tour - discounts:
- 10:00 - 10:45 Lankaputiikki Silmukka (Pinninkatu 25, 33100 Tampere): 15% discount in yarns and needles, but excluding books and magazines
- 11:00 Pirkanmaan Kotityö in (Hatanpään valtatie 4): 15% discount in yarn
- 11:30 Merletto (Aleksanterinkatu 30): 20% discount in everything
- 12:00 Lankaidea (Aleksanterinkatu 35): 10% discount in yarns, excluding DROPS yarns
Käsityöntalo Verkaranta, Taitokeskus (Vuolteentori 2) is offering a 30% discount on Taito Pirkanmaa yarns, but unfortunately, the shop is closed on Saturdays. For this reason, they are offering a coupon code to be used in their webpage.
Neulisti master class and pattern:
Knitting designer Neulisti will be joining us on Sunday for her master class and lunch. Remember to bring all the materials you need for the class. You will have the opportunity to buy the needed yarn and/or materials during the walking yarn shop tour if needed.
Master class: Seamless set-in sleeves
In this class we will learn about working seamless set-in sleeves for a top-down cardigan/sweater. Working garments top-down makes it easier to control yardage and try out the garment to make sure it fits well. Most top-down sweaters feature raglan sleeves because they are easy to work. However, raglan sleeves don't fit the shoulders as well as set-in sleeves. In the class we will start working on a cardigan with seamless set-in sleeves and you will get the pattern to continue the cardigan at home. Please swatch beforehand to make sure you get the right gauge.
For this class and the cardigan, you will need:
Madelinetosh Twist Light / Tukuwool Fingering or other fingering weight yarn. 200-250-300 [300-300-350] 350-400-400 grams for sizes XXS-XS-S [M1-M2-L1] L2-XL-XXL.
3.25 mm circular needles or needles that give you the right gauge.
6 stitch markers + 1 removable marker.
Scrap yarn, tapestry needle, crochet hook and 7-9 buttons with a ~2 cm diameter.
Gauge: 20 sts x 34 rnds = 10 x 10 cm in stockinette stitch (after blocking).